The Meaningful Moments Program
What is The Meaningful Moments Program?
Named after the residents of Walnut Valley’s most cherished garden, The Roses Program is a completeperson approach to life enrichment that allows for each resident to navigate and guide their own journey. While most Assisted Living Communities create a one-sized fits all activity calendar, The Roses Program is
created by the residents, for the residents, and focuses on health, nutrition, fitness, cognitive stimulation, social engagement, cultural identity, creative expression, spiritual fulfillment, and relaxation.
Why did we create it?
We wanted to create a realistic and personal program that allows each resident to feel valued, successful, peaceful, and loved. The foundation of the program is understanding each individual resident. They have different likes, dislikes, abilities, and goals. We need a program that reflects and celebrates these differences not a one-size fits all mold.
How do we make it successful?
- We take the time to learn about each resident’s past and present to create more individualized programming and care.
- Parallel Programming allows for residents with differing needs and abilities partake in activities that foster a feeling of success.
- The Sagely phone app keeps you connected with your loved one’s daily engagement schedule.
- To ensure our methods are cutting edge our programs are researched based and our staff training incorporates lessons learned from national certification programs, such as the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
- We give all staff members permission to make everyday activities meaningful, and not just tasks that need to be checked off a list. We know our staff members, their interests, and personalities, and match them with residents accordingly. This allows them constant opportunities to adapt activities by taking advantage of their individual competencies. Everyone benefits and our team members feel a sense of pride in sharing their interests and talents